Thursday 18 June 2009

my first blog

not quite sure what to write...

having read others blogs i decided i would write one myself to help me on my mission of training for a half marathon.

ive always been very sporty and always loved working out. i never quite got my diet right to keep my body in the best shape possible therefore when i joined WLR in Janurary I vowed to myself that this was it and i am going to get the body i want and deserve.

After several weeks doing spin classes, circuit training and even body pump i thought i'd try running. On 20/03/09 i went for my first 2 mile run and i was hooked!

got my first pair of running trainers and socks and there was no stopping me!

after several weeks running approx 15 mile per week (3/3/3/6) i am due to run my first ever 10K race and am VERY nervous about it! i think its just the thought of my family and boyfriend are acutually going to be there to watch - arghhhh! im extreemly competitive too and if i dont get a 'good' time ill be really dissapointed in myself.

im hoping to complete the course in under 60 mins - 55 mins ideally! (9 min miles)

thats it for now but i will try and update each day....