Wednesday 12 August 2009

HIIT!

my first session of HIIT done! wow - what a killer! i only managed 15 mins total. walking at 6.0km and sprinting at 13km for 60 seconds each. i didnt feel i could do another set, perhaps i ran too fast? perhaps my legs still ached from sundays 9 mile run? i did hate looking at the time all the time but it did pass fairly quickly and my heart rate was at about 178 when i checked it. although i have got my heart rate higher than that before so maybe i wasnt working as hard as i could?? not sure....

all i know is next time I WILL make that full 20 mins. just to prove to myself that i can! once ive done maybe 2 sessions at those paces i will tweek them a bit, perhaps jog instead of walk or up the sprinting and still walk inbetween.

yoga tonight and then dreaded new running club thursday night!!!