Tuesday 11 August 2009

back after the dreaded swine flu!

30/7 - 07/08 = off work sick with swine flu. ate and ate and ate whilst at home. i was starving all the time. ate lots of white bread, well a loaf within 7 days and a chocolate bar every day. it made me feel better honest. I weighed myself on the friday after 7 days of slobbing about and had gained a whopping 4lbs 3/4. i was shocked. i presume its not a true weight gain as i ate 2000cals per day without exercise so expected a possible slight gain.

never mind. today, tuesday is the first day back on track. well, actually sunday was a good day cals and exercise wise. i did my first run in 11or12 days and did NINE MILES!! was very chuffed with myself. i just did the same three mile loop three times over. it really worked for me. i loved every second apart from the first 3 miles - they were a killer!!

1150 cals earned and ate with a few banked and will go unused due to the massive gain!

i've decided today that im going to start HIIT training once or twice a week. my first one is tonight. will set the machine for 20 mins. walk at 6.0km and sprint at 13k for 60 seconds each. ill then do ab work and will massage the achy muscles on the powerplate!

also, i started Hatha Yoga - done two classes so far and i was suprised to see i burned 340 cals in a hour. i did get very hot and sweaty at times. am pleased i have my HRM to calculate it for me!

also, my friend has talked me into a running club. she started last week and my first session is on thursday evening. im scared stiff. apparently they are all super skinny and super fit. im going to look like a right fat pig next to them. just hope i can keep up and not show myself up!!!

MY NEW ROUTINE for the next 4 weeks:

MON -REST
TUES -HIIT + abs + powerplate
WEDS - yoga or circuits or rest
THURS - running club 5/6 miles ish
FRI - HIIT + yoga
SAT - circuit training or spin or rest
SUN- minimum 9 mile run + yoga